Principal Engineer - Assistance and Identity
- Berlin, Germany
About the opportunity
As a Principal Engineer for Assistance and Identity at N26 you have the chance to shape the world’s future of mobile banking. You will join a high paced environment and operate in a highly distributed system.
In this role, you will:
- Build a platform for back-office operations that allows us to easily automate existing manual processes while continuing to focus on user experience.
- Design an identity and access management system that adheres to our strict audit and compliance needs.
- Build our next-generation customer verification framework that seamlessly plugs into our back-office processes.
- Leverage your experience and knowledge to help us evolve our tech stack to meet future needs.
N26 is powered by a micro service architecture running mainly on the JVM with our web applications also leveraging Node.js where appropriate. We have a strong CI/CD operational culture on the foundation of container orchestration, service discovery and cloud native technologies. PostgreSQL and Redis are our main data stores (we’re big fans), but we also have message brokers, data streaming, and reactive workflows as backends. As we transform from monolithic applications into more scalable and resilient distributed systems, there is an opportunity for impactful, fundamental change.
What you need to be successful:
- Experience in similar roles, working with various Technical Leads of cross-functional teams.
- Sound knowledge of the JVM in large-scale distributed systems. Knowledge of Node.js is a plus.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS and cloud-based architectures.
- Experience with Business Process Automation and knowledge of the pitfalls to avoid.
- Experience designing and implementing a holistic authentication and authorization framework that spans multiple business products.
- Experience integrating with large third-party vendors. Experience with SalesForce is a plus.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Dogs in the office - bring your canine companion twice per week
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Back to top