Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York, São Paulo and Vienna.
About the opportunity
As Principal Engineer at N26 you have the chance to shape the world’s future of mobile banking. You will join a high pace environment and operate in a highly distributed system.
In this role, you will:
- Use your versatile talents to make our product and service architectures scalable, performant, observable and secure.
- Your deep understanding of Continuous Delivery in cloud systems will help you coming to the right architectural decisions.
- While your outstanding communication skills pave the way when engaging technical and non-technical audiences, they will also help you smoothing eventual discrepancies.
- Although an individual contributor, we encourage you to pro-actively grow the technical skills within the company and to guide and mentor the Tech Leads and Senior Engineers you will be working with.
- With systematic reviews you can track their learnings and will know how to strengthen our engineering culture in the best way.
N26 is powered by a micro service architecture running mainly on the JVM with Spring Boot and Java/Kotlin. We have a strong CI/CD operational culture on the foundation of container orchestration, service discovery and cloud native technologies. PostgreSQL and Redis are our main data stores (we’re big fans), but we also have message brokers, data streaming, and reactive workflows as backends. As we transform from monolithic applications into more scalable and resilient distributed systems, there is an opportunity for impactful, fundamental change. For more information please check out our stackshare page.
What you need to be successful:
- Experience in former similar roles, working with various Technical Leads of cross-functional teams.
- Sound knowledge in the JVM environment, large-scale distributed systems and cloud solutions such as AWS.
- Understanding the semantics and tradeoffs between different database architectures, e.g. relational vs. NoSQL.
- Being passionate about technology and the wish to share this passion with your team.
- You keep up with the latest trends and are happy to share impulses during our GSDD with the rest of the engineering organisation.
- A relentless drive for clean and sustainable architectures and a general attitude to get things done.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Dogs in the office - bring your canine companion twice per week
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Back to top