Junior Software Engineer - Vienna
- Vienna, Austria
About the opportunity
In the N26 Vienna Tech Hub, we are building the best Global Customer Experience possible, for topics such as localising the onboarding process for better compliance, providing in-app insurance products across all tiers, and many more to come.
We are seeking a talented Junior Software Engineer to evolve our product, powered by a microservice architecture predominantly written in Java 8 and Kotlin, using Spring Boot.
Our cross-functional teams are passionate about collaboration and sharing knowledge, as well as working with a high degree of autonomy.
As a Junior Software Engineer at N26, you will be encouraged to embrace the latest technological updates and given a platform to work on complex, interesting problems on a daily basis.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate closely with your Tech Lead on architecting new features and seeing them through to completion
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in technology and be willing to actively propose findings during participation in our GSDD.
- Work within your cross-functional team to uphold the highest technical standards right across the product
What you need to be successful:
- Experience developing software using Java 8 or Kotlin and Spring Boot in large-scale production systems
- Sound understanding of microservice architecture
- Some knowledge of both relational and non-relational databases
- Appreciation of working in a modern cloud architecture, preferably with AWS
- Language Skills: good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong call to action and for getting things done
- Ongoing appreciation and consideration for security
- Motivation to write code which is well-tested and well-documented
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- We offer a competitive salary based on your qualification and experience. The salary range for this position starts at 41,400 EUR gross per year
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup, named by LinkedIn three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, fully subsidized public transit pass, fitness memberships, N26 premium bank card, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Note, for this role work authorization in Austria is required.
Back to top