Head of Media and Activation
About the opportunity
As Head of Media and Activation you will be responsible for all media buying and planning within the Global Marketing team in Berlin. This role calls for a seasoned media strategist with a profound experience across all media channels with the ability to work across our key markets. This is a high-impact role where you will develop our media strategies with a focus on optimization across all platforms to reach N26' ambitious growth targets.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and own the N26 global media strategy to meet business and growth KPIs across all markets
- Manage best in class media planning and buying practices for campaigns across all media channels and all N26 regions
- Develop local market strategies that align with business needs, market trends, and media mix
- Define and set the right KPIs by campaign type and channel by using insights and making data-driven decisions
- Analyze the effectiveness of N26 media campaign results and continuously optimize spend and performance against targets
- Partner closely with Marketing Research and the Performance marketing team to optimise campaign output
- Own the relationship with the appointed Media Agencies and other key strategic media partners
- Provide insights on ‘first-to-market’ opportunities and emerging technologies relevant to N26 target groups
- Own and manage implementation of tracking solutions
- Take ownership for budget planning and meeting business targets
- Gain competitive insights and benchmark media strategies against our competition
- Output analyzing reports of competing brands, media environment and consumer media habits
What you need to be successful:
- 8+ years’ experience in media, advertising and brand consulting at large advertising, media agencies, or international brands
- Deep analytical skills for data insights while partnering with in-house analytics teams to tackle tough business challenges
- Advanced understanding of the media landscape, using market trends, business insights, and macro data to inform and develop longer-term strategic plans
- Use of standard media planning tools (DCM, MRI, ComScore, etc.) to generate data, drive key insights and strategies
- Ability to manage multiple, complex tasks simultaneously and prioritize appropriately for maximizing business impact
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work in a multicultural environment
- University degree in a marketing or tech-related subject (e.g. engineering, economics, business)
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Dogs in the office - bring your canine companion twice per week
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Back to top