Head of Field Operations
We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
N26 aims to build the most reliable customer service in banking. We are looking for a Head of Field Operations - US with a start-up mentality to help us achieving this. You'll lead our U.S. customer operations team to the most reliable service in banking.
You will draw on your experience and expertise to develop effective ways to review, monitor and report on customer interaction and feedback and drive the team to make sure that quality standards are met.
As a key member of our Customer Operations Leadership team, you will work with members of the team in conducting deep dives on positive and negative customer feedback and identify opportunities for improvement based on root cause analysis.
This team has the critical role of continuously improving the knowledge of N26’s customer facing teams and directly responsible for how these teams improve in delivering compliant, high quality and exceptional customer experiences.
Once here you will:
- Lead our inhouse and partner customer support teams.
- Drive performance management practices and take them to best-in-class level.
- Partner with the global N26 Field Operations organization to refine and further develop our global customer service strategy, including the design of the service experience.
- Introduce cutting-edge service tools such as WFM/IDM, omni channel skill-based routing, case-based dynamic knowledge base, recommendation engines.
- Manage the seamless integration of our inhouse operations with the external contact center network.
- Constantly work on driving our First Contact Resolution to best-in-class levels.
- Partner with other leaders across the business, including marketing and product, to ensure constant feedback based on customer insights to our product.
- Work closely with other internal stakeholders, you will transfer the key messages we are receiving to the relevant team.
- Motivate and inspire not just daily performance, but help our employees develop to be the best they can be. Whether it's providing honest feedback or extra help mentoring, you will be committed to help the person develop - not just perform.
What you will bring along:
- Bachelors or Masters degree, with 10+ years of experience in leading a customer service team in a call center environment preferably in Banking or Fintech environment.
- In-depth knowledge of best-in-class customer service organizations with a large employee base.
- Outstanding people and business leadership skills, with a strong background of creating world-class customer experiences.
- Ability to communicate effectively on a regular cadence to senior executives on strategies, goals, and status across all regions.
- Growth mindset with a strong hands-on attitude and the ability to adapt to a fast and volatile environment, this includes pulling up your sleeves to show that you know how to handle the jobs you talk about.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of customer behaviour and how to translate this into robust customer service processes and customer experience.
- Teamwork, especially as an expert at getting things done, all with a positive attitude.
- Leadership that builds teams, relationships, and credibility as a trusted partner and doer.
- Strong business aptitude, clear thinking and communicating, and great decision making.
What we offer
- Working with diverse, highly engaged peers
- A crucial role in a highly motivated, talented and international team
- High degree of autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Self-improvement budget to spend on attending conferences, taking courses, and purchasing books
- Competitive remuneration
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Meet the Team
The N26 US team is a group of unique and talented people consisting of alumni from Stanford, Northwestern, Duke, Syracuse, Villanova, and University of California, University of Denver, just to name a few! Many of us have gained our previous work experience at companies like Dow Jones, The New York Times, Expedia, PwC, J.P. Morgan, Etsy, Dish Network, Sling TV, Western Union and Morgan Stanley.
As far as fun facts go, our team is comprised of two NYC marathon finishers, a former sushi chef, a former competitive wakeboarder, and a certified yoga instructor. Collectively, we speak English, German, Greek, French, Spanish, Italian, Cantonese, Portuguese, Urdu and Hebrew.
Back to top