Head of Data Science
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York, São Paulo and Vienna.
In this role, you will:
Drive growth and development through strong visioning and strategic positioning of N26's data science team as we scale our customers and team globally at a rapid pace
Recruit, retain and develop teams of data scientists delivering innovative, reproducible machine learning workflows and highly impactful applications of data science to business problems
- Develop and implement a vision for N26 data science, deepening existing work on data privacy, fair and ethical machine learning and risk modeling
- Grow the technical infrastructure necessary to scale data science at N26
What you need to be successful:
- Strategic mindset with a proven track record of translating business vision into outputs for a data science team
- Exceptional ability to model financial and behavioural data mathematically and statistically
- Proven success in developing machine learning and data science best practices and infrastructure
- Strong track record of managing, hiring, retaining and developing exceptional talent
- Profound understanding of underlying algorithms used and ability to teach other data scientists and stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of Python with a solid general CS or engineering background
- Experience with common data science toolkits such as R, Tensorflow, ggplot, Stan, Julia desired
- Experience with Postgres databases, AWS, and cloud-based infrastructure preferred
- You are creative, organised, self-motivated and able to bring transformative change and strong leadership
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, round out your profile
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Dogs in the office - bring your canine companion twice per week
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Back to top