Head of Corporate Communications
We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 26 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 5 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
As Head of Corporate Communications you will have the unique opportunity to establish our Corporate Communications team at a leading fintech bank, as we expand our global footprint. In this newly created role, you will be at the forefront of shaping our public image on a global scale.
Once here you will
- Lead all PR efforts on corporate, financial and organisational news
- Coordinate the cross-functional development of all press releases and media responses on those topics
- Collaborate closely cross-functionally with N26’s founders, C-Level, the local country teams and others in shaping the public image of the company
- Build up, lead and develop a team of PR specialists
- Develop N26’s strategy of how to position its top management including the founders in public, such as at events, TV and press interviews
- Make the impact of PR measurable by establishing and monitoring of relevant KPIs and objectives
- Manage and maintain the internal database of media contacts across all markets
- Own and nurture the media relationship with key journalists with global reach, notably economic and financial newspapers
What you will bring along
- 10+ years of diverse PR experience in-house or at an agency
- Experience across many areas of PR, including corporate & financial PR, product launches, crisis communications and lifestyle topics
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- University Degree in Public Relations, Linguistics, Communications, Business Administration or equivalent
- Strong, respected relationships with press/reporters/media in our key markets, a network within Germany is a plus
- Experience working at a fast-paced, global company and dynamic corporate environment
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Proactive self-starter and collaborative team player
- Flexibility and adaptability to manage ambiguity as priorities change
- Excellent written skills in English: a breadth of writing styles for both internal and external stakeholders. German is a plus.
- You keep calm under pressure and take complete ownership of your tasks from start to finish
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Personal Development Budget
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.
Back to top