We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
As a Fullstack Engineer, Assistance, you will be part of the team responsible for the development of our internal tools which include, for example, the web application used by our international operations teams or the framework used by other developers to build micro frontends.
Once here you will
- Implement new features in our internal web applications on an ongoing basis.
- Be in direct contact with the users of our applications to gather new requirements to improve their user experience and productivity.
- Actively discuss implementation details and software architecture together with the other team members.
- Work together with the product development teams and other departments who are using our internal tools.
- Embrace change and daily challenges while following the principles of the Agile development methodology.
What you’ll bring along
- Recent experience with React or another modern, component based web framework (Ember, Vue, Svelte, Angular, etc.) for the development of web applications and their integration with backend APIs.
- Good understanding of Node.js and experience in using it for the development of web services and libraries (npm packages) or command line applications.
- Experience with designing web service APIs on the backend with either REST, GraphQL or both.
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL) and practical knowledge about how to design data models.
- A firm grasp of object-oriented programming and common design patterns.
- Solid understanding of web security, including possible threats and how to address them.
What we offer
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Freedom to prototype given the challenges we face
- Getting things done attitude
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Interesting technical problems to solve as we scale
- Travel in style with N26 You
- Personal development budget
- Subsidised Transit Pass
- Perks including German Classes, Dogs @ Work, Urban Sports Club and more
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website.
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.
Back to top