Director of Reward & People Operations
About the opportunity
We are seeking an extraordinary Director of Rewards and People Operations to create, implement and deliver on a global reward and people operations strategy which will support our current team of 1500 N26ers, and prepare for our ambitious global expansion.
You will be joining N26 to build, lead and develop a team of dedicated professionals that provide expertise across reward, benefits, compensation and the people operations framework. In addition, you will create opportunities for personal development and growth. In this role you will report directly to our Chief People Officer.
We are looking for a talented leader to create synergy between the Reward and People Operations teams, and who will prepare N26 for the next phase of maturity. You will take ownership of deliverables, share your technical expertise within the team, and work across a broad cross-functional range of stakeholders to drive change.
If you are passionate about leading talent and are ready to roll up your sleeves, this could be the perfect role for you.
In this role, you will:
- Use a data-driven approach to increase the transparency of reward at N26 and find opportunities to present, inform and educate on high-visibility topics ranging from salary review cycles to the gender pay gap
- Collaborate with international entities, ensuring there is a standardised approach to individual remuneration committees
- Partner with our recruiting leaders to highlight our full benefits package globally and feed this into talent attraction campaigns
- Manage N26’s ESOP scheme with a strong focus on clear documentation and information management
- Continually benchmark external and internal data on pay and benefits, keeping us at the top of our game
- Work alongside our HR Tech Lead to explore and implement new technologies that harness the full potential of taking our reward and operation function to a world-class level, automating where possible
- Act as a key business partner to the N26 management and executive team on behalf of Reward and People Operations, reporting back on key milestones, roadblocks and your team's KPIs
What you need to be successful:
- 10+ years of related experience in rewards or benefits and people operations, in a global-matrix organisation, with a preference for digital and data-driven environments
- Demonstrated people leadership experience, with a track record of building and leading high-performing teams
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with an ability to connect at all levels of an organisation
- Experience with market-based pricing, short and long term incentive administration and other compensation frameworks
- Competence with international and domestic payroll and benefits administration
- Data is your friend! You use data and research to inform your decision making
- Very strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to effectively convey messages to different leaders and ensure team members understand total rewards, policies and their accountabilities
- Team player. Obviously. We work hard together, but we have fun along the way
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Back to top