Director of Group Risk
- Berlin, Germany
About the opportunity
N26 is looking for an experienced Director of Group Risk to establish our group risk function at a cutting-edge technology-driven bank, coordinating our risk-related activities in various European and non-European jurisdictions, and taking ownership for aligning worldwide risk requirements in close cooperation with other stakeholders across our global markets.
In this role, you will:
- Design and continuously develop the risk management function at N26 group
- Develop and optimize the risk strategy, ensuring adequate risk-bearing capacity on the basis of regulatory requirements
- Participate in the development of risk management tools using mathematical-statistical methods, such as the development of new or backtesting of existing scoring methods and credit risk models
- Ensure the ongoing implementation of the operational risk management framework in close coordination with the various process and risk owners
- Be responsible for risk reporting to N26 management and the advisory board
- Align with internal and external auditors
- Implement and run the group Internal Control System (ICS) and Loss Database
- Establish and maintain the group process map and risk inventory
- Coordinate the implementation of new legal and regulatory requirements for the risk management system in all relevant markets and segments
- Support the new products and markets processes through proper risk assessments; work as a business enabler for our product development
- Review and control the groups loan servicing processes and loan management
What you need to be successful:
- 10+ years of professional experience in financial services and banking risk management with broad knowledge across multiple risk categories, ideally in a European retail lending business
- Strong people leadership skills and experience in managing diverse teams
- Ability to communicate convincingly and create buy-in for complex risk topics from various stakeholders
- Strong business acumen and the ability to understand risk from a broader business ownership perspective
- Extensive experience and familiarity with banking law and regulations
- A track record in project management and delivery
- Strong analytical skills
- An entrepreneurial vision, an autonomous attitude, and a ‘get things done’ approach
- Hands-on approach and eagerness to tackle new topics while demonstrating a quick grasp in conceptual project work and strategic thinking
- Fluent English, German is
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Dogs in the office - bring your canine companion twice per week
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Back to top