Deputy MLRO Germany
- Berlin, Germany
About the opportunity
We are currently looking for a Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer Germany to join our international Compliance & AFC Management Team. You have a strong regulatory, internal controls and AFC risk management background in an international setting and an addiction to a high pace and tech driven environment.
You will be the appointed Deputy MLRO for Germany and a crucial part of the AFC setup for our core market Germany. You will form part of a highly motivated and diverse global AFC team. You will deal with a well-integrated broad array of governance, AFC risk management and compliance-related topics covering Anti-Money Laundering, Terrorism Financing, Fraud Prevention and Sanctions to fulfill the regulatory obligations. In addition you will cover regulatory Compliance topics.
In this role, you will:
- Be the designated Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer for Germany, serving together with the MLRO Germany as the point of contact for regulators and other major authorities.
- Overseeing complex case investigations, sanctions reviews, and other AFC related processes
- Evaluation of new products and services based on local regulations and requirements
- Support in leading core initiatives to improve the overall AFC setup taking into consideration innovative and scalable solutions
- Implement and improve local characteristics based on the local regulatory challenges and the group’s standard
- Work alongside multiple stakeholders within AFC and in the business to ensure a scalable and efficient platform
- Support the MLRO in maintaining a solid relationship with German regulatory authorities with a proactive attitude
- Analysis of complex data as well as the derivation of necessary control measures
- Overseeing the reporting of suspicious activity to German authorities
- Prepare and present financial crime management information to senior stakeholders
- Provide training and cooperate on key topics with the Compliance & AFC team based in Berlin
What you need to be successful:
- A university degree in economics, law, business, or other relevant areas,
- Professional experience gained in an anti-financial crime or compliance or risk management role, with at least 5+ years
- Experiences being in a regulated appointed role (prior roles should include at least a Deputy MLRO)
- A professional Financial Crime qualification from an internationally recognised body (e.g. ICA, ACAMS) would be beneficial
- Fluent in German & English, any further language is a plus
- Hardworking, team worker and attentive to detail
- Strong analytical, advisory, communication and presentation skills, and proactive initiative are among your strengths
- Knowledge of the German regulatory environment and relevant processes with regard to topics such as KYC, financial crime risk assessment, transaction monitoring, fraud / terrorist financing, sanctions / embargoes, and screening
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Back to top