Cloud Engineer - FinCrime
- Berlin, Germany
About the opportunity
We are seeking a Cloud Engineer to integrate and later operate a new external anti money laundering system in our cloud platform, by replacing our current tool.
You will be part of our Financial Crime Prevention team which wants to create and maintain an effective and flexible transaction monitoring and screening tools that will serve our company’s objectives and benefit our stakeholders across Product, Tech and Compliance.
With embedding financial crime prevention principles and mechanisms across the Platform, we are able to provide secure financial solutions for our customers and the bank.
In this role, you will:
- Integrate and maintain the new provided infrastructure and its components
- Be responsible to keep the system up and running by monitoring the state of the service through its metrics and/or logs
- Apply updates and patches to our AML infrastructure
- Create as much infrastructure as code as possible with the given components
- Document and propose improvements of the current infrastructure
- Work with the Platform Engineering teams to keep the AML environment running as expected
- Be the single technical point of contact between our AML tooling provider and N26 for technical support
What you need to be successful:
- 2-3 years of experience with integrations of 3rd parties, deploying and maintaining them
- Experience with at least one scripting language (Python, Bash,), and exposure and understanding of the JVM ecosystem
- Experience with RHEL/CentOS administration
- Experience with AWS (IAM, VPC, EC2, RDS, DynamoDB)
- Working knowledge of protocols and standards like TCP, HTTP, UDP, DNS, TLS (you also know where they are in the OSI model)
- Working knowledge of PKI and related security models
- Advanced experience using at least one configuration management tool at scale (preferably Ansible or Salt.)
- Experience with Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience managing banking and financial systems is a plus
- Experience with Amazon DynamoDB is a plus
- Experience with setting up and supporting Postgres and RabbitMQ is a plus
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Back to top