Chief Product Officer
- Berlin, Germany
About the opportunity
We are seeking a Chief Product Officer to join the executive leadership team at N26 as we look to take our global product to the next stage and continue to pave our way into becoming a digital bank that the world loves to use, taking us from 5M to 100M users globally.
You will be joining N26 at a very exciting stage, to build and lead a world class product organisation which is made up of product management, research and design as well as product operations. As the CPO of N26 you will focus on the strategic and longer-term challenges the company will face. You help set standards for N26 and work with directors and middle managers to ensure that processes, training, and quality of output of our product and services reflect these standards. As an active member of our Executive Leadership Team (ELT) you will play a critical strategic role in the future of the business and how we operate globally.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and expand our product in 25 markets (plus new markets) including the US.
- Lead, grow, coach and develop an amazing product organisation made up of product designers, user researchers, product operations and product managers.
- Own and drive the strategic direction of our Product organisation to enable overall business success and growth.
- Partner with other executives, directors and work closely with the CEO and co-founder to strategise and lead the way in building a world class product.
- Together with the teams, build a strong product roadmap and ensure its execution
- Foster a continuous improvement ethos at all times to challenge the status quo and make improvements wherever possible
- Bring the N26 vision to life with our app and internal products, ensuring you take the team with you on this strategic journey
- Maintain excellent cross-functional relationships to ensure that teams efficiently deliver above and beyond company OKRs
- Be a role model to all employees to demonstrate your strategic alignment with the wider teams
- Own the P&L, financial planning and monetisation of our customer base via our product
- Define clear role responsibilities for each of the operational areas under your remit, including setting challenging KPIs for the product and cross functional teams
- Understanding and analysis of market trends
What you need to be successful:
- Ability to lead, coach and inspire cross functional teams, ensuring that there’s on-going opportunities for learning and development
- Ideally more than 10 years of experience working in a product role with 5 years leading a global product organisation
- Have solid experience of being an active member of company leadership teams with experience of managing large teams.
- Have a genuine interest in fin-tech with a passion for limitless opportunities for innovation.
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Thrives working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Have lead a mobile-first, consumer facing product
- High degree of independence, initiative and proactivity and an enthusiasm and drive for delivering results
- Have experience of owning, understanding and being responsible for product analytics, financial metrics, monetisation and P&L
- Ideally have experience at a VC funded or a pre-IPO startup
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Back to top