Android Mid-Level Engineer - Cards & Digital Wallets
- Berlin, Germany
About the opportunity:
We are seeking a talented Android Engineer to contribute and evolve our product.
Our cross-functional teams work on different features and are passionate about delivering the best experience to our users.
As a Mid-Level Android Engineer you will be encouraged to embrace the latest technological updates and given a platform to work on complex, interesting problems on a daily basis. You will be working on a modularized project powered by our own design system and development tools - the result being an app that millions of people love to use.
You will join the Cards & Digital Wallets Group in the Platform Segment, where we are all responsible for providing our users and the company with a secure, compliant, scalable and disruption-free infrastructure. The Cards & Digital Wallets Group is located in our Berlin office, which is the global hub for all of our domestic and international payments business. Timing wise you are joining at a pivotal moment during which we are redefining our payments strategy to achieve scale and grow revenue inline with our growing global footprint.
In this role, you will:
- Work in cross-functional teams, understand how the entire puzzle fits together instead of just being a solitary piece
- Take ownership and have an impact on the product
- Ask "Why?" and be prepared to be asked "What do you think about it?"
- Engage in knowledge-sharing within your team as well as beyond
- Understand and work with Agile development methodologies
What you need to be successful:
- Experience with the Android Open Source Platform and Material Design principles
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience with Reactive programming - RxJava/RxAndroid/RxKotlin
- You strive to build Android applications that can be summarized as RSA - Responsive, Slick and Attractive. You also understand why RSA is important for a Mobile Bank from a cryptographic point of view.
- Code quality tingles your senses - you can see, feel and smell the difference between good and bad architecture.
- You engage in proactive software development but still understand Reactive programming paradigms.
- You'd rather take a Dagger to your heart than have flaky code sitting around for a long time.
- Test cases are the first things you think of before building a feature and the last things you check before pushing your code.
- Experience with Model-View-ViewModel architectural patterns
- Able to build software with a focus on testability - Test/Behavior Driven Development, Dependency Injection
- Active participant/speaker at meet-ups and conferences in the Android community
What’s in it for you:
High degree of autonomy
Working with international, highly engaged peers
Flat hierarchy and open communication
Getting things done attitude
Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
A stack of the most modern technologies
Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Who we are
N26 has re-imagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Back to top