QA Automation Engineer
At Meredith Corporation’s mywedding.com location in Castle Rock, Colorado, we don’t just work in the realm of relationships, we cultivate them! We connect the best venues and small businesses to prospective brides by leveraging advertising and marketing opportunities with mywedding and Martha Stewart Weddings. The right candidate will be highly motivated, excellent at multi-tasking, entirely comfortable ending their relationship with their dry cleaner because we can wear jeans to work, jam out to a diversity of music and enjoy breathtaking views of the mountains, all while collaboratively delivering and supporting industry-leading wedding planning applications.
The IT department at mywedding is looking to add a QA Automation Engineer to help build our test frameworks and suites. Our objective is to deliver high quality free wedding website and planning software to brides, while enhancing the way couples and prospective vendors connect with each other. We are always looking for ways to improve and reduce feedback loops in our test-first, whole-team approach to QA. The QA Automation Engineer will work closely with the QA, development and product teams to ensure that products are launched meeting business and technical criteria. While no software product is bug free, we strive for a well tested and bug free application from the unit and integration to the GUI level.
• First and foremost, you are passionate about all things quality in the software industry, from the smallest unit and integration tests through deployment to production.
• You own your work and commit code you are proud of.
• You aren’t afraid to fail fast and learn fast from your mistakes, while also constructively advising peers on their own adventures.
• You can quickly understand and dissect user stories, technical and performance requirements in agile and kanban environments.
• You can manage multiple ongoing projects and tasks and reprioritize efficiently.
• You have competencies in most of following:
o Test Frameworks: xUnit, Jasmine, Rest-Assured, Selenium Webdriver (required)
o Test Practices and Concepts: Functional (GUI level - Page Object patten), Integration (REST API level), Database, Exploratory
o Database: MySQL, MongoDB, Solr
o SCM and CI: Git (required), Jenkins
o Issue Management: Jira, GitHub
o Process: Agile, Kanban
• You are comfortable working in an agile environment and baking quality in to every sprint and task.
• You are comfortable and effective communicating potential missed user stories or edge cases with product owners and developers.
• You are comfortable presenting and implementing new technologies and best practices.
• Test Automation Efforts:
o Contribute test case updates for existing tests as functionality and requirements change.
o Assist in the migration from our existing Java/Maven/Cucumber framework to WebdriverIO and Jasmine.
o Contribute automated API tests with Postman and Rest-Assured.
o Review QA and development test cases and provide constructive feedback on missed test cases and best practices.
o Manage multiple ongoing projects and tasks related to both test automation and continuous integration frameworks.
• Work with development team to:
o Understand and dissect product, technical requirements, user stories in agile and kanban environments.
o Ensure that user stories have appropriate unit, integration and functional test coverage on release.
o Manage day to day code deployment and post-deployment responsibilities with Jenkins.
o Review test case failures on a regular basis and determine if the failure is application or test code related.
o Write clear, concise defects and communicate potential cause with development.
Back to top