MWH, now part of Stantec, is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Professional Tunnel Engineer position in the Denver, CO office. The successful candidate will work on challenging and diverse tasks associated with water storage and conveyance for the tunnel industry and municipal sectors.
With some supervision, perform tasks that support project activities through the application of engineering principles and techniques; assist in the completion of design drawings and specifications; and field investigations to collect design information.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Perform technical tasks on projects under the supervision of the project manager or project engineer. Tasks would include engineering analysis, technical writing, design calculations, specifications, and drawings.
- Work in conjunction with engineers and clients to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required.
- Participate in field work, both nationally and internationally, to conduct site investigations and/or construction quality oversight type work under the supervision of a resident engineer or project manager.
- Assist in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs and completing progress reports.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Supervise related work being performed by designers and administrative staff.
- Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner. Qualifications • Bachelor’s degree in Civil, or Geological Engineering or Engineering Geology.
- 2 years of professional experience working on tunnel design and/or construction as well as civil/geotechnical analysis or design projects.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) accreditation required and tracked for Professional Registration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Good organizational skills. Preferred Specifications • Master’s degree in Civil, or Geological Engineering or Engineering Geology preferred. Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 11269BR City Denver State/Province Colorado Country United States Operations E&I West
Back to top