Supervising Project Manager
MWH, now part of Stantec, is searching for an experienced Project Manager to be located in MWH’s New York, New York office. At MWH, the Project Manager’s role is to:
- Manage the delivery of multiple water and wastewater infrastructure projects simultaneously;
- Ensure the successful financial and technical delivery of projects assigned;
- Manage multi-disciplinary teams, including team members located locally and remotely;
- Manage project sub-consultants and subcontracts;
- Ensure a high level of quality and client service delivery;
- Report project status and forecasts to clients and the regional MWH Project Management & Commercial Leader.
- Implement project management best practices and MWH tools and processes for developing and managing project scopes, schedules and budgets;
- Establish or strengthen relationships with MWH clients and project team members;
- Plan and implement client account management and oversight in collaboration with MWH’s Area Manager;
- Prepare and implement project execution plans;
- Work in tandem with Project Technical Leaders (PTLs) to ensure quality and technical excellence;
- Lead and administer project change management and risk management activities. Qualifications • BS degree (or equivalent) in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or related field.
- 8+ years of experience including pump stations and municipal wastewater treatment design and construction phase engineering services.
- Professional Engineer registration – State of New York or ability to acquire New York registration within 6 months of hire date.
- Experience related to project management activities such as project scoping, budgeting, earned value analyses or similar forecasting and reporting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating leadership and a proven ability to foster client relationships.
- Competency and familiarity using web based interface tools for project earned value management and accounting, as well as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Infopath, and Sharepoint software.
- LI-LC1 Preferred Specifications • Technical skills and knowledge of municipal wastewater treatment processes and associated equipment.
- Project management related experience, managing planning, design or construction phase tasks or leading a team.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) credential from the Project Management Institute (PMI) or ability to acquire the PMP credential within 6 months of hire date. Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 10969BR City New York State/Province New York Country United States Operations G&I NorthEast
Back to top