Slayden Constructors Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of MWH Constructors, is currently seeking a Superintendent to support our self-performing teams on water/wastewater infrastructure projects in the Pacific Northwest region.
MWH Constructors is the construction arm of MWH and is a licensed, bonded general contractor, performing all of the Company’s at-risk construction and design-build projects, with a strong focus on wet infrastructure.
MWH provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government buildings, industrial facilities, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services, we provide individually tailored “start to finish” construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Responsibility for assistant supervision of major work activities including site work, concrete, mechanical and process equipment installation.
- Responsible for the safe conduct of MWHC employees and subcontractors to ensure a zero accident project. Ensure all site personnel meet minimum safety requirements (e.g. training, orientations, tools and equipment).
- Plan and supervise employees and subcontractors’ activities. Includes reviewing method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule and documenting actual hours worked.
- Coordinate assigned work with work of employees and different subcontractors.
- Assist in resolving construction problems (e.g. lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
- Monitor employee and subcontractor compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
- Review employee and subcontractors’ daily activity plans to assure that requisite personnel, equipment and supplies are in place to assure that the following days work will be conducted in a safe manner with minimal wasted effort.
- Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of all site workers by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
- Inspect work to ensure quality and project specifications are met.
- Perform additional assignments per project superintendent’s direction. Qualifications • At least 8 years’ experience supervising water/waste water construction projects
- Knowledge of all construction disciplines (civil, mechanical, electrical, etc.)
- Cost control, manpower planning and scheduling knowledge
- Knowledge of computer systems and programs (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to develop and maintain outstanding relations with Owner and subcontractors
- Experience with project closeout and punchlist management Preferred Specifications • Safety oriented, OSHA training preferred
- Special experience and expertise in heavy construction techniques preferred Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 10887BR City Stayton State/Province Oregon Country United States Operations Constructors District 5
Meet Some of MWH's Employees
Tim provides his technical expertise regarding all the mechanical systems in the turbine portion of hydropower generators, and he works with his team to prioritize projects and solve problems.
Back to top