Subcontracts Administrator - Commercial Tenant Improvement
MWH Constructors is seeking an experienced Subcontracts Administrator to support industrial clients with commercial tenant improvements/construction project work in North America. This position is located in Hillsboro, OR.
MWH provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government building, industrial facilities, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services we provide individually tailored “start to finish” construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
MWH Constructors is growing its business in the commercial tenant improvements/vertical construction sectors in North America. Its strategy for this growth will see an increase in resources and capabilities across the US.
Business and contract activity associated with this program will include:
- Commercial and industrial building design, construction, and maintenance.
- Manufacturing facility design, construction, and management.
- General maintenance for manufacturing facilities and office campuses.
The Subcontracts Administrator will administer construction contracts for small projects related to maintaining our client’s facilities in multiple locations. Each day, this position will ensure timely delivery of goods and services in accordance with MWH corporate strategies and work collaboratively with internal and external team members to achieve client objectives. The ideal candidate should be a self-motivated professional with a college degree and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally. Experience supporting subcontracts related functions in a construction or facilities management environment is preferred. This position is responsible for effectively and professionally conducting support activities associated with the subcontracting of construction services as assigned.
Subcontracts Administrator Duties:
- Perform subcontract administration duties, including subcontract formation, change order processing, contractual compliance, invoice verification, administration and performance evaluation.
- Compilation of request for proposal documents, correspondence control, subcontract document file maintenance, and preparation of reports.
- Provide support services including prequalification of bidders, coordination of assigned subcontract packages, and tracking of subcontract activity and progress information.
- Recommend source selections, participate in subcontract negotiations, and prepare and issue assigned subcontracts.
- Obtain necessary reviews and approvals of bidder exceptions, bid evaluations, source selection recommendations, subcontracts, and change orders prior to execution.
- Evaluate facts surrounding subcontract-related problem areas, determine the most appropriate remedial actions, and implement such actions through available means.
- Utilize established policies, procedures, systems, and tools to assure maximum contribution.
- Development and maintenance of the database of potential and qualified subcontractors, and their performance history records.
- Preparation of proposal deliverables, such as pricing of subcontracted services.
- Assist Procurement Manager in providing other support services as requested.
- Effective management of change activity.
- Effective communications with subcontractors and project team members.
- Compliance with policies and procedures.
If former Military, the following MOS codes may be applicable:
Army Corps of Engineers (12, 21, 51, 62) Series MOS
Marine Corps (1100&1300) Series MOSC
Coast Guard (700) Series MOS Air Force (3E200) Series MOS
Navy (All 5000) Series MOS Qualifications • Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant subcontracts experience or 5-7 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience utilizing the MS Office Suite. Preferred Specifications • Prolog Experience preferred.
- Prior contracts experience as it relates to:
1.) commercial and industrial civil construction/building projects.
2.) facility design, construction, and management including clean rooms and laboratories.
3.) general maintenance and on-call service experience for manufacturing facilities and office campuses. Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 11598BR City Hillsboro State/Province Oregon Country United States Operations Constructors District 4
Back to top