Senior Structural Estimator
MWH Constructors Inc. is recruiting for an experienced Structural Estimator for our Broomfield, Colorado headquarters. The position will have responsibility to support water & wastewater treatment, storage, and distribution projects throughout the U.S. ranging from approximately $20-300 million dollars.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing quantity take-off and pricing efforts in conjunction with other discipline estimators. Project delivery will primarily include Hard Bid, Design-Build, and Construction Management At-Risk (CMAR).
The position will require strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with designers and project managers to deliver high-quality cost estimates within the prescribed budget and schedule.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Review solicitation documents such as specifications and drawings to identify risks and opportunities related to competitive pricing for civil and structural project elements.
- Develop cost estimates in a manner and level of detail consistent with the project goals.
- Review subcontractor and vendor bids and scopes of work.
- Actively research, solicit, and develop a network of relationships within the supply chain.
- Review and incorporate historical data from purchases orders, subcontractors, and productivity analysis reports in order to continuously improve estimating accuracy.
The candidate should be comfortable working with both designers and the operations team and have experience working on projects at all levels of design from conceptual to 100% complete. Strong computer skills are essential. Periodic travel to project sites throughout the US may be required. Qualifications • Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or similar field of study. Equivalent combination of experience, skills and training may be substituted.
- 8+ years of direct estimating experience related to cast-in-place concrete construction, structural steel erection, and overall building construction.
- Basic understanding of water treatment plant processes construction.
- Experience working with other discipline estimators to develop a comprehensive project estimate.
- Experience with Sage Timberline Estimating, On-Screen Take-Off, and Microsoft Office. Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 11198BR City Broomfield State/Province Colorado Country United States Operations Constructors US Operations
Back to top