Senior Structural Engineer
MWH, now part of Stantec, is seeking qualified applicants for a Senior Structural Engineer to be located in our Sacramento CA office.
This position is accountable for applying intensive, complex and diversified knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields, making independent decisions to solve structural engineering problems, resolving questions and planning and coordinating work. This position interacts throughout the organization and directly with clients, members of business and professional organizations and equipment vendors. Our wet infrastructure work encompasses water and wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, reservoirs and conveyance projects.
- B.S. in Civil or Structural Engineering required;
- P.E. in Civil Engineering Required.
- 4 + years’ experience in the design and implementation of structural systems; competence in the seismic design of concrete, steel, and masonry systems required; competence in anchorage of non-structural components required; experience in water, wastewater, and industrial waste treatment facilities, dams, or hydroelectric related projects preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare complete, concise and organized engineering calculations and analyses.
- Strong willingness to be a part of a large global engineering company, and to work with teams in other offices around the world.
- Strong commitment to obtain state specific Structural Engineering licensure.
- Experience with the use of the finite element software (STAAD, RAM, or SAP 2000).
- Experience producing 3D models and 2D structural engineering drawings using Bentley Structural and Microstation, or Revit and AutoCAD.
- Heavy civil construction field experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in professional engineering organizations or equivalent at the student or professional level.
- M.S. in Structural Engineering preferred.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Meet Some of MWH's Employees
Tim provides his technical expertise regarding all the mechanical systems in the turbine portion of hydropower generators, and he works with his team to prioritize projects and solve problems.
Back to top