Senior Project Manager- water/wastewater construction
MWH Constructors is seeking a Senior Project Manager to provide overall management direction for large water/wastewater treatment plant projects. The Senior Project Manager will be accountable for providing direction and leadership associated with assigned, self-performed and subcontractor activities and has primary profit and loss responsibility for the project. The Senior PM must ensure work is performed on budget, on schedule, in accordance with MWH policy and all engineering standards. This Senior PM will be an operationally minded and client-facing professional whom can make critical on-site construction decisions in real time. This position will support MWH Constructors’ projects in the Western half of the U.S., which may include large metropolitan markets inside such states as Texas, Colorado and California.
- Plan, organize and staff key field positions or subordinate project managers. Coordinate staffing with US Operations and other Area department heads.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with client to facilitate preconstruction and construction activities.
- Coordinate with Project Superintendents: Includes determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities equipment, temporary facilities and controls.
- Maintain liaison with engineering, estimating, and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule.
- Assist in resolving construction problems (e.g. lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
- Monitor craft compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
- Maintain liaison with other departments (e.g., Material Control, Purchasing, Quality Control, and Engineering) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support craft activities and project schedule.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site construction managers and superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent Company in project meetings, assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client.
- Work jointly with other members of the project team to complete the MWHC Management Administration Plan prior to initiating any fieldwork. Use the planning guidelines and tools provided throughout the project.
- Provide leadership and technical support to project engineers, field engineers and superintendents.
- Profit and Loss Responsibility.
- Procurement of materials thru Purchase Agreements and Contracts.
- Oversee Change Management, Cost Estimating, Revenue and Cost Forecasting and Scheduling.
- Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by District Director.
Management responsibility generally limited to one large sized projects, $100M or greater.
- 4-year engineering/construction management degree or equivalent experience and training/education.
- Minimum of 12 years of construction, design, finance, and management experience/knowledge required on water/wastewater treatment plants.
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities vital.
- Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
- Strong business-orientation required. Proven experience and judgment.
- 15+ years of applicable experience with water/wastewater treatment plant construction projects.
- Prior applicable experience on a project(s) greater than $100M.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Meet Some of MWH's Employees
Tim provides his technical expertise regarding all the mechanical systems in the turbine portion of hydropower generators, and he works with his team to prioritize projects and solve problems.
Back to top