Senior Civil/Networks Engineer
Job Responsibilities: MWH is currently looking for a Senior Civil or Networks Engineer to manage and design engineering projects associated with municipal water and wastewater planning and design including treatment plants, pumping stations and pipelines. The candidate shall have strong experience in design, planning and hydraulic analysis for municipal water and wastewater projects. Candidates for this position should be prepared to:
- Develop site plans and plan and profile drawings addressing details such as grading, utility piping, building placement, storm water management, erosion/sediment control, drainage design and roadways
- Provide technical project planning for complex projects, including interactions with clients and contractors, for all aspects of the project from preliminary engineering through design and construction
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies and obtain permits for civil design and site plans
- Prepare calculations and utilize hydraulic models as required for drainage analysis
- As a preferred skill, candidates with experience developing, calibrating and using water and wastewater hydraulic computer models including InfoWorks, InfoSewer, InfoWater, WaterCAD and WaterGEMS and other leading software packages is preferred.
- Use results from hydraulic modeling tasks to reach conclusions regarding the capacity and hydraulic performance of collection systems and water distribution systems.
- Effectively organize, document, communicate, and present information summarizing technical analyses performed and findings or recommendations developed (both verbally and in writing)
- Interact professionally with clients and stakeholders in meetings, workshops, and professional conferences so as to promote MWH and identify new business opportunities
- Work collaboratively and enthusiastically as a key member of small or large teams to successfully deliver quality projects on schedule and within budget
- Work efficiently with geographically-distributed project teams
- Efficiently use current software tools, including features of InfoWorks, ArcMap and Excel, to analyze data sets, and communicate with clients
- Coordinate with leadership and technical staff on issues related review of technical work, and task management
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to engineering staff
- Support efforts to identify, pursue, and win civil engineering, hydraulic modeling and master planning projects Qualifications – BS or MS degree in civil or environmental engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience developing site plans, piping plan and profiles and obtaining permits for civil engineering projects including municipal stormwater, water and sanitary sewer system projects.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD ArcGIS, and Excel is required
- Knowledge of project management skills related to preparation and management of scopes of service, budgets, and schedules.
- A Professional Engineering License.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Preferred Specifications – Experience with leading hydraulic analysis software such as InfoSWMM, infoWater, InfoSewer, InfoWorks, is preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D, is preferred. Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 11014BR City Fairfax State/Province Virginia Country United States Operations G&I East Delivery
Back to top