Safety Manager (AZ)
MWH Constructors is accepting applications for a Safety Manager to support wastewater treatment infrastructure work for a high profile client in Chandler, AZ.
The Safety Manager will plan, implement and supervise project safety, accident and fire protection programs in compliance with corporate and client safety program standards.
MWH Constructors is the construction arm of MWH, now part of Stantec, and is a licensed, bonded general contractor, performing all of the Company’s at-risk construction and design-build projects, with a strong focus on wet infrastructure.
MWH provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government buildings, industrial facilities, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services, we provide individually tailored “start to finish” construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
Under limited supervision from the Project Manager, the primary responsibilities are:
- Control hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities through safety management and contacting supervisory personnel.
- Supervise and administer safety/first aid and rescue squad activities including work assignments, personnel administration, staffing, training, etc.
- Assist corporate program by developing employee/craft safety-orientation training program and implementing the program upon completion.
- Oversee the conduct of work area surveillance inspections, air-sampling tests for confined space entry, property damage and personal injury investigations.
- Oversee the documentation of all accidents, safety violations, and unsafe conditions/activities.
- Oversee the issuance of confined area entry and “hot work” permits as required.
- Monitor and provide technical support for construction sites and complex projects.
- Provide oversight and enforcement of project safety requirements in accordance with all regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Coordinate, administer, and maintain program documentation in accordance with local municipal Health and Safety Plans.
- Provide guidance and awareness training related to construction safety and facilitate safety meetings.
- Coordinate site access and security badging requirements.
- Associate’s degree in occupational safety/health or related degree; an equivalent combination of experience, skills and training may be substituted.
- At least 5 years of construction and/or industrial safety experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety/health or related degree.
- 8+ years of heavy civil construction safety experience.
- BCSP certifications.
- O.S.H.A. 510; OSHA 500.
- First Aid/CPR certified and trainer.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Meet Some of MWH's Employees
Tim provides his technical expertise regarding all the mechanical systems in the turbine portion of hydropower generators, and he works with his team to prioritize projects and solve problems.
Back to top