MWH is currently looking for a Project/Field Engineer to support the self-performing team on a WWTP project in Apex, North Carolina.
MWH provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government building, industrial facilities, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services we provide individually tailored “start to finish” construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
Selected individual will provide technical support to MWH Self-performing craft labor and subcontractors to insure construction work is performed efficiently, on schedule and in accordance company policy and engineering standards.
- Provide support to project manager including:
o Work Package development & implementation
o Material and Equipment Procurement
o Submittal Review
o Manpower scheduling
o Quantity takeoffs
o Document Controls
- Manage material procurement, submittals, releases, expedite deliveries and inventory assigned scopes.
- Assist in resolving construction problem/issues
- Maintain CPM schedule including updates, narratives, critical path/float, and impacts
- Layout and provide necessary building control lines and elevations for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials.
- Research; recommend resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors.
- Initiate RFI’s and follow through to resolution
- Verify all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawings, and specifications.
- Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as RFI responses, Change Directives, Material and equipment submittals, status reports, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc., to supervisor.
- Prepare field and change orders and other scope of work adjustments as assigned by supervision
- May provide technical support and direction of project material control functions including implementation and operation of maintenance program.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, estimates, etc.
- Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction. Qualifications • 4-year Construction Management or Engineering Degree,
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline.
- Ability to perform trigonometric calculations, either manually or with calculator.
- Ability to assume responsibility, and interfaces and communicates effectively with others. Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 10433BR City Apex State/Province North Carolina Country United States Operations Constructors District 1
Back to top