Project Risk Manager
The Project Risk Manager will be responsible for risk management activities in support of executing a $1Billion+ Wastewater Treatment Capital Improvement Program (CIP). Position will be based in San Jose, CA.
1. Be knowledgeable of and work within the CIP standards for risk management.
2. Manage the program and project-level risk management framework.
3. Ensure the consistent use of program and project-level risk registers.
4. Manage and maintain risk management standards, processes, procedures, systems and templates as defined in the Project Delivery Model and Program Execution Plan.
5. Manage and ensure compliance with the risk processes of identification, analysis, response planning, monitoring and control, and reporting.
6. Oversee and/or perform qualitative and quantitative risk analysis at program and project-level.
7. Oversee Monte-Carlo risk analysis simulation on projects using Acumen Risk™ for cost and schedule and the preparation of interpretative reports for senior management.
8. Application of Monte-Carlo techniques to the forecasting of CIP overall expenditures.
9. Provide training and coaching to project managers and project team members on risk management tools and techniques.
10. Facilitate risk workshops with project teams to identify and evaluate risks.
11. Prepare risk reports summarizing significant program and project risks in both hard copy report format and online dashboards.
12. Oversee the use and maintenance of an online risk tool.
13. Conduct periodic audits of compliance to risk management processes and procedures.
14. Work in a manner to ensure personal safety and that of fellow employees by following City health and safety guidelines and policies. Qualifications 1. Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, project management, or construction management required.
2. Minimum of 5 years project risk management experience.
4. Minimum of 10 years of experience in process analysis, workflow efficiency, or related functions in an engineering consulting business environment.
5. Project Management Institute Project/Program Management Professional (PMP/PgMP) or Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP) certification preferred.
6. Demonstrated advanced level of written and verbal communication skills with all levels of staff.
- LI-LC1 Preferred Specifications Minimum of 5 years experience on major capital utility infrastructure projects preferred. Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 10979BR City San Jose State/Province California Country United States Operations BSG Programs Americas
Back to top