Project Controls Specialist
MWH Constructors is currently seeking to add an energetic Project Controls Specialist to support critical water/wastewater infrastructure projects. This position will be based out of the Cleveland, OH area.
MWH Constructors is the construction arm of MWH, now part of Stantec, and is a licensed, bonded general contractor, performing all of the Company’s at-risk construction and design-build projects, with a strong focus on wet infrastructure.
MWH provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government buildings, industrial facilities, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services, we provide individually tailored “start to finish” construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
The Project Controls Specialist will have a diverse role, applying knowledge and skills to various projects throughout the United States.
Responsibilities may include:
- Develop, manage, update, and monitor individual project schedules and integrated overall master program schedules.
- Ensure that project schedules comply with Contract requirements and meet MWH’s standards.
- Create reports to assist the project team in proactive schedule management, client reports, and executive-level reports. Create and manage resource and cost-loaded schedules.
- Conduct change order analysis and management.
- Create and monitor program and project budgets, cash flow projections, and forecasts.
- Learn and implement effective change order management and claims prevention strategies to promote efficient communication with clients and within MWH.
- Work with the project team to analyze, assess and implement a claims prevention and mitigation policy, in support of the corporate Risk Management team.
- Claims analysis.
- Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
- A Bachelor of Science or higher university degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Construction Management, Business, or other relevant field.
- Relevant experience, either in a professional or academic setting, with construction-related scheduling and project controls software, especially Primavera 6.
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications. Must know data analysis, graphic, and chart creation within Excel.
- Ability to organize and manage data, and create simple and technically-correct reports.
- Ability to travel to project sites an estimated 25%.
- 8-10 years of Project Engineering or Controls experience with a desire to focus on project controls and analyses.
- Certifications (PSP, EVP, etc.) are a plus.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Meet Some of MWH's Employees
Tim provides his technical expertise regarding all the mechanical systems in the turbine portion of hydropower generators, and he works with his team to prioritize projects and solve problems.
Back to top