Project Controls Specialist
MWH Constructors is currently seeking a Project Controls Specialist to support the Broomfield, CO office.
The project controls specialist will provide support to projects at multiple locations either directly supporting projects or facilitating the efforts of global project controls staff. They will have demonstrated knowledge of integrated scheduling, specifically the application of Primavera P6 (web and desktop client). They should be a proactive/self-starter with good written and verbal communication skills. They will have experience leading and influencing within a matrix management environment.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Support project managers across a diverse set of geographies and business lines.
- Demonstrated ability to work remotely via collaboration tools (email, video conferencing, instant messaging, screen sharing).
- Ability to manage and support global workforce (Americas, India).
- Collaborate with project controls manager, lead project controls specialists, and regional staff to facilitate development of best practices and improved business processes.
- Provide knowledgeable support related to the use of Oracle’s Primavera P6.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze integrated CPM schedules for projects.
- Review schedule, progress and productivity of resources; monitor and verify monthly costs and revenue, earned value; and conduct change order management and control.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize earned value techniques.
- Develop, manage and monitor project specific budgets, cash flow projections and forecasts.
- Evaluate and update data regarding cost status, resource requirements, commitment data and productivity variance reports.
- Prepare monthly project progress reports.
- Interface directly with external and internal clients in order to review project plans, budgets, status reports and deliverables. Ensure that work products meet standards as defined by clients and MWH.
- Facilitate collaboration and communication between the project controls team, and project management community. Qualifications • Successful candidate will have earned a BS/BA in engineering, construction management, or business and/or have 5+ years of professional experience in a related field.
- They will have demonstrated knowledge of integrated scheduling, specifically the application of Primavera P6 to plan, analyze, and control engineering and construction projects.
- Domestic travel is required as well as flexible work hours to accommodate business needs. Preferred Specifications • Advanced knowledge of primavera P6
- Project Management Professional (PMP/CAPM)
- Expert Excel skills
- Prior experience in consulting practice Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 11252BR City Broomfield State/Province Colorado Country United States Operations Constructors US Operations
Back to top