MWH Constructors is currently seeking a Procurement Expeditor to support wastewater treatment infrastructure work for a high profile client located in Chandler, AZ.
The ideal candidate will have experience administering and coordinating project purchasing activities including services, materials, and equipment within a heavy civil construction environment. This hands-on position reports to the project Procurement Manager on site in Arizona.
MWH Constructors is the construction arm of MWH and is a licensed, bonded general contractor, performing all of the Company’s at-risk construction and design-build projects, with a strong focus on wet infrastructure.
MWH provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government buildings, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services, we provide individually tailored “start to finish” construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
Manage, coordinate and advance material and supply orders and deliveries in accordance with corporate procurement policy and project schedule.
Liaison closely between corporate procurement, local Procurement Manager and Buyer, on-site construction team, suppliers, and subcontractors to ensure procured services and/or material deliveries are on time and within budget.
Establish and maintain positive relationships with material providers and subcontractors.
Monitor vendor production schedules and progress, anticipate potential delays and works with vendor to resolve any problems or areas of concern.
Provide timely, effective and efficient reporting of vendor documentation submittals.
Maintain appropriate records include vendor documentation, purchase orders, and other auditable documents.
- Minimum of 5 years material/equipment purchasing and expediting experience
- Purchasing and expediting experience of heavy civil construction goods and services
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must
- Committed and experienced team player
- Equivalent combination of related experience and technical training may be substituted.
- Purchasing and expediting experience of water equipment used in the water/wastewater construction industry preferred
- Technical knowledge of major equipment and materials associated with water and wastewater construction preferred
- Experience establishing sound relationships with suppliers of water/wastewater equipment and materials preferred
- Knowledge of procurement/vendor inspection techniques and requirements, accounting, financial management and business contract law a plus
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Meet Some of MWH's Employees
Tim provides his technical expertise regarding all the mechanical systems in the turbine portion of hydropower generators, and he works with his team to prioritize projects and solve problems.
Back to top