Principal Network Engineer
MWH, now part of Stantec, is currently looking for an experienced Network Engineer with strong leadership experience in planning and hydraulic modeling for municipal wastewater collection systems. The position will be located depending where the candidate is located.
Candidates for this position should be prepared to:
- Perform, direct, and review engineering projects related to the planning, analysis, permitting, design, and/or implementation of municipal wastewater sewer system projects. Tasks will focus on hydraulic modeling of gravity and pressurized systems and preparation of planning or design reports.
- Lead teams to develop, calibrate and apply computer hydraulic models for the analysis of wastewater collection systems.
- Use results from hydraulic modeling tasks to reach conclusions regarding the capacity and performance of wastewater collection systems.
- Develop conceptual level plans for municipal civil and utility projects.
- Effectively organize, document, communicate, and present information summarizing technical analyses performed and findings or recommendations developed (verbally and in writing).
- Interact professionally with clients and stakeholders in meetings, workshops, and professional conferences so as to promote MWH and identify new business opportunities.
- Work collaboratively and enthusiastically as a lead member of small or large teams to successfully deliver quality projects on schedule and within budget.
- Work efficiently with geographically-distributed project teams.
- Efficiently use current software tools, including features of InfoWorks, InfoSWMM, MIKE Urban, ArcMap and Excel, to analyze data sets, develop hydraulic models, and communicate with clients.
- Coordinate with leadership and technical staff on issues related to project staffing, review of technical work, and project management.
- Perform project management activities associated with the negotiation of contracts and the planning and execution of projects involving the planning and hydraulic modeling projects.
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to junior-level staff.
- Support efforts to identify, pursue and win hydraulic modeling and master planning projects. Qualifications – BS degree in civil or environmental engineering.
- 15 or more years’ experience in the planning and design of municipal wastewater collection system projects.
- Working knowledge of common software used for hydraulic analysis of wastewater collection systems, including advanced understanding in at least one of the following software packages and working knowledge of the others InfoWorks ICM, MIKE Urban, InfoSWMM, XP-SWMM, PC-SWMM and ArcGIS.
- Knowledge of project management skills related to preparation and management of scopes of service, budgets, and schedules.
- Professional Engineering License.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Preferred Specifications – MS degree in civil or environmental engineering preferred. Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 11642BR City Chicago
Country United States Operations G&I East Delivery
Back to top