Principal Contstruction Manager
MWH has an opening for a Principal Construction Manager/Civil Engineer based in our Baton Rouge, Louisiana office. This position will require significant travel. Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Interact with construction contractors on a daily basis and keep complete records of daily activities and conversations.
- Construction inspector for all onsite work during the working hours of the Construction Contractor
- Ensure that environmental compliance commitments are implemented to the fullest extent.
- coordination and synchronization of the Construction Contractor’s subcontractors
- Support clarification and interpretation of the Contract Documents.
- Daily and monthly reporting
- Verify that all submittals are in compliance with the Construction Contract requirements.
- Review the Construction Contract requirements and determine which submittals are required to be submitted by the Construction Contractor.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications – Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering, construction engineering, or geological engineering from an ABET accredited program or registration through a United States’ board of engineering as a civil engineer, geotechnical engineer, geological engineer, or construction engineer.
- Minimum of four (4) years experience in construction management, field inspection, or construction supervision of civil works projects (earthwork, roads, highways, levees, etc.).
- Must possess knowledge and experience in ASTM, ACI, and other miscellaneous construction testing requirements, as well as knowledge in construction inspection procedures, and inspections methodologies, including the use of nuclear gauges, concrete sampling, and construction safety.
- Must have advanced verbal and written communication and organizational skills, including:
- ability to interact effectively with the construction Contractor management personnel and crew.
- Ability to work with others, including utilities, Construction Contractor, state, local, and federal agencies Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 11700BR City Baton Rouge State/Province Louisiana Country United States Operations G&I Texas/Central
Back to top