MWH is seeking Plumbers to support their project in Apex, NC.
MWH provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government building, industrial facilities, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services we provide individually tailored “start to finish” construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using coupling, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauge to detect and locate leaks.
- Review blueprints and building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
- Prepare written work cost estimates and negotiate contracts.
- Study building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions such as electrical wiring.
- Keep records of assignments and procedures detailed work reports.
- Perform complex calculations and planning for special or very large jobs.
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
- Measures, cut, thread, and bend pipe to require angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines.
- Install pipe assemblies, fitting, vales, appliance such as dishwashers and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand power tools.
- Cut opening in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand power tools.
- Hang steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place.
- Repair and maintain plumbing, replace defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, and opening clogged drains.
- Direct workers engages in pipe cutting and preassembly and installation of plumbing systems and components.
- Install underground storm, sanitary and water piping systems and extend piping to connect fixtures and plumbing to these systems.
- Clear away debris in a renovation.
- Use specialized techniques, equipment, or materials, such as performing computer assisted welding of small pipes, or working with the special piping used in microchip fabrication.
If interested, please contact Jesus Ordonez at [email protected] Qualifications • High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Documentation must be provided at time of application.
- Much be able to follow building plans and blueprints to perform pipe laying.
- Trained in Trenching and Excavation safety.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- If requested, the applicant shall furnish a written statement from a medical doctor that he/she has had a physical examination in connection with the application, and is physically fit to perform the work.
- Required to communicate information, ideas, directions with the capability to perform the task or project discussed.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory and with utmost regard for safety.
- Pre-employment drug screening and background checks required. Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 10515BR City Apex State/Province North Carolina Country United States Operations Constructors District 1
Back to top