MWH is currently seeking pipefitters to support their project in Apex, NC.
MWH provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government building, industrial facilities, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services we provide individually tailored “start to finish” construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Coordinate with job site manager to configure pipe system layout.
- Order proper pipes and other materials.
- Select proper pipes, hangers, and other hydraulic cylinders.
- Assemble materials at job site.
- Select type and size of pipe.
- Cut, thread, and hammer pipes according to pipe system specs.
- Use saws and cutting torches to craft proper sizes.
- Turn off steam, water, or gas from pipe section.
- Secure pipes to walls and fixtures using brackets, clamps, tools, or welding equipment.
- Secure pipes to radiators or tanks.
- Repair and maintain pipe systems and components.
- Resolve problems such as obstructions or holes.
- Dip nonferrous piping material in molten tin and lead to prevent erosion, or galvanic and electrolytic action.
- Remove water from flooded manholes or basements.
- Repair cracks and leaks.
If interested, please contact Jesus Ordonez at [email protected] Qualifications • High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Documentation must be provided at time of application.
- Experience with flanged pipe and fittings.
- Previous work includes PVC and copper pipe.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- If requested, the applicant shall furnish a written statement from a medical doctor that he/she has had a physical examination in connection with the application, and is physically fit to perform the work.
- Required to communicate information, ideas, directions with the capability to perform the task or project discussed.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory and with utmost regard for safety. Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 10513BR City Apex State/Province North Carolina Country United States Operations Constructors District 1
Back to top