Payroll Manager - Construction
MWH Constructors is seeking an experienced Payroll Manager to manage and coordinate the entire payroll process for a 1000 employee Denver based Construction Company operating in multiple states with some international work. This position will be based in Broomfield, CO.
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy operating globally. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to clients and local communities, MWH Constructors offers single-source construction services via a multi-disciplined team of professionals, a range of alternative delivery methods, industry-leading pre-construction services and safety practices. MWH Constructors is working toward a commitment to Building a Better World.
More specifically, this person will manage both a professional bi-weekly and a craft weekly payroll – including several certified payrolls processed by project as well as supervise the payroll department staff including employee training, performance management and work schedules.
1. Oversee and manage the entire payroll process for all regular payrolls ensuring checks are processed in accordance with corporate policies and procedures and federal and state guidelines.
2. Ensure the accurate processing of weekly and bi-weekly paycheck, all interim checks, audit reports, data uploads, and all other tasks and filings associated with reporting of payroll income and deductions.
3. Assign and direct daily tasks to team members. Review and monitor team member functions to ensure accuracy. Responsible for ensuring team members follow established processes in accordance with company policy, and federal and state guidelines.
4. Evaluate and determine solutions and recommend processes and procedures for complex payroll and job cost issues.
5. Ensure all payroll tasks and deadlines are completed timely, accurately and in accordance with established federal, state and local laws and internal audit guidelines.
6. Interact daily with employees, HR/Benefits, field management and various functional work groups to research payroll issues, accounting issues, and various Human Resource issues as they relate to the employee paychecks, timecards or FLSA status of the employee.
7. Communicate employee issues and corrections both verbally and in writing to the employee, field management and various functional work groups in a professional, concise manner.
8. Oversee the accuracy of flow of payroll postings to the general ledger.
9. Other duties as assigned. Qualifications • Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- American Payroll Association certification (CPP) required.
- 5+years payroll processing experience of which a minimum of 3 years’ experience is with multi-state, multi-level automated payroll processes for approximately 1000+ employees.
- Davis Bacon, and prevailing wage, certified payroll experience required.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant Federal/State/local requirements regarding payroll records and pay practices, including union payroll and certified payroll requirements.
- Knowledge of US payroll tax regulations and FLSA guidelines.
- Solid communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- LI-JC1 Preferred Specifications • Basic accounting experience preferred.
- Federal contracting experience preferred.
- ERP System experience preferred.
- Construction ERP and payroll systems experience preferred. Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 10846BR City Broomfield State/Province Colorado Country United States Operations Constructors US Operations
Back to top