The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
- Connect power unit to machines or steam piping to equipment, and test unit to evaluate its mechanical operation.
- Repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
- Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools, and power tools.
- Position steel beams to support bedplates of machines and equipment, using blue prints and schematic drawing, to determine work procedures.
- Signal crane operator to lower basic assembly units to bedplate, and align unit to centerline.
- Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specifies clearances between moving and stationary parts.
- Move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tools.
- Lay out mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with power drill.
- Bolts parts, such as side and deck plates, jaw plates, and journals, to basic assembly unit.
- Level bedplate and establish centerline, using straightedge, levels, and transit.
- Dismantle machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
- Shrink-fit bushings, sleeves, rings, liners, gears, and wheels to specified items, using portable gas heating equipment.
- Dismantle machinery and equipment for shipment to installation site, usually performing installation and maintenance work as part of team.
- Construct foundation for machines, using teach pendent.
- Operate engine lathe to grind, file, and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications.
Projected employment start date: Immediate.
If interested and qualified, please contact:
[email protected] for more information.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Documentation must be provided at time of application.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to understand technical instructions.
- Knowledge of load-bearing capabilities of all equipment.
- Good understanding of fluid mechanics and all of the components involved in these processes.
- If requested, the applicant shall furnish a written statement from a medical doctor that he/she has had a physical examination in connection with the application, and is physically fit to perform the work.
- Required to communicate information, ideas, directions with the capability to perform the task or project discussed.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory and with utmost regard for safety.
- Pre-employment drug screening and background checks required.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Meet Some of MWH's Employees
Tim provides his technical expertise regarding all the mechanical systems in the turbine portion of hydropower generators, and he works with his team to prioritize projects and solve problems.
Back to top