Mechanical Project Manager-Slayden
Slayden Constructors Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of MWH Constructors, is currently seeking a Mechanical Project Manager to support our self-performing teams on water/wastewater infrastructure projects in the Pacific Northwest region.
MWH Constructors is the construction arm of MWH and is a licensed, bonded general contractor, performing all of the Company’s at-risk construction and design-build projects, with a strong focus on wet infrastructure.
MWH provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government buildings, industrial facilities, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services, we provide individually tailored “start to finish” construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
Selected individual will provide leadership and technical support to Slayden Constructors self-performing craft labor. In conjunction with the Project Management Team the Mechanical Project Manager is accountable for providing direction and leadership associated with assigned, self-performed process mechanical activities and has primary profit and loss responsibility for self-performed activities. The Mechanical PM must insure work is performed on budget, on schedule, in accordance with Slayden/MWH Constructors Policy and all engineering standards.
- Provide leadership and technical support to project engineers, field engineers and superintendents.
- Profit & Loss Responsibility.
- Procurement – Material Purchases and Negotiation.
- Change Management and Cost Estimating.
- Revenue and cost forecasting.
- Scheduling – Assist with the creation and maintenance of project schedule.
- Responsible for the safe conduct of Slayden personnel to ensure a zero accident project. Ensure all site personnel meet minimum safety requirements (e.g. training, orientations, tools and equipment).
- Coordinate with Project Superintendents: Includes determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities equipment, temporary facilities and controls.
- Maintain liaison with engineering, estimating, and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule.
- Assist in resolving construction problems (e.g. lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
- Assist Labor Relations Department in maintaining communications with unions, resolving jurisdictional disputes, requisitioning required manpower, etc., as necessary.
- Monitor craft compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
- Maintain liaison with other departments (e.g., Material Control, Purchasing, Quality Control, and Engineering) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support craft activities and project schedule.
- Work jointly with other members of the project team to complete the Slayden/MWH Constructors MAP prior to initiating any fieldwork. Use the planning guidelines and tools provided throughout the project.
- Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and ensure that direct reporting employees follow safe work practices and use company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner. Qualifications • 4-year engineering, construction management or equivalent degree . An equivalent combination of experience, skills and training may be substituted.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience managing mechanical process piping projects and/or municipal waste water treatment plants projects.
- Processing systems experience to include both high-pressure and low pressure pipe systems moving liquids or gases utilizing automatic controls in the treatment of waste water.
- LI-JC1 Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 10884BR City Stayton State/Province Oregon Country United States Operations Constructors District 5
Back to top