Mechanical Project Manager - Commercial Tenant Improvement
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
MWH Constructors is seeking an experienced Mechanical PM to support industrial and vertical construction project work in North America. This position is located in Hillsboro, OR.
MWH provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government building, industrial facilities, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services we provide individually tailored “start to finish” construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
MWH Constructors is growing its business in the industrial and vertical construction sectors in North America. Its strategy for this growth will see an increase in resources and capabilities across the US.
Business and contract activity associated with this initiative will include:
• Commercial and industrial building design, construction, and maintenance.
• Manufacturing facility design, construction, and management.
• General maintenance for manufacturing facilities and office campuses.
MWH Constructors is seeking a Mechanical PM to provide electrical management direction for small, medium, and large sized commercial and industrial building design, construction, and maintenance projects. This PM will be an operationally minded and client-facing professional whom can make critical on-site construction decisions in real time. At the same time, the PM will develop and maintain productive and trusted relationships with the client and related stakeholders.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Establish objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards, as they pertain to the mechanical components of the project, and within boundaries of corporate policy.
• Initiate and maintain liaison with prime client and A/E contacts, to facilitate construction activities as they pertain to the mechanical components. Manage design consultants, architects and engineers to ensure design outputs are fit-for-purpose, cost effective and meet scope of work objectives, standards and client specifications.
• Monitor/control the mechanical construction through administrative direction of on-site construction managers and superintendents to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
• Represent Company in project meetings, assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
• Support financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.), as they pertain to the mechanical components, to protect company's interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the Client.
• Work jointly with other members of the project team to complete the MWHC Management Administration Plan prior to initiating any fieldwork. Use the planning guidelines and tools provided throughout the project.
• Assure that direct reporting employees follow safe work practices and use company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Provide leadership and technical support to project engineers, field engineers and superintendents.
• Ensure that project invoicing and payments are received and issued in accordance with Program policies.
• Procurement of materials thru Purchase Agreements and Contracts.
• Oversee Change Management, Cost Estimating, revenue and Cost Forecasting and Scheduling.
• Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
If former Military, the following MOS codes may be applicable:
Army Corps of Engineers (12, 21, 51, 62) Series MOS
Marine Corps (1100&1300) Series MOSC
Coast Guard (700) Series MOS Air Force (3E200) Series MOS
Navy (All 5000) Series MOS
• 8+ years of relevant mechanical experience/knowledge required for the design, construction, and/or management of commercial and industrial buildings.
• Mechanical management responsibility generally limited to several medium to large or multiple small sized projects.
• Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent experience and training/education.
• Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
• Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities vital.
• Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
• Strong business-orientation required. Proven experience and judgment.
• Mechanical experience as it relates to facility design, construction, and management including clean rooms and laboratories.
• General mechanical experience with maintenance and on-call services for manufacturing facilities and office campuses.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Back to top