Lead Mechanical Conveyance Engineer
MWH, now part of Stantec, is currently seeking a Lead Mechanical Conveyance Engineer for our Bellevue, WA office. This position is accountable for applying intensive, complex and diversified knowledge of mechanical engineering pipeline conveyance design principles. The successful candidate will also be knowledgeable in practices in a number of broad areas of assignments and related fields, making independent decisions to solve mechanical engineering problems, resolving questions and planning and coordinating work. This position interacts throughout the organization and directly with clients, members of business and professional organizations and equipment vendors. Our wet infrastructure work encompasses water and wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, reservoirs and conveyance projects.
MWH considers the mechanical systems the heart of the design. The successful candidate will have the capability to shape the process/mechanical
1. Develop mechanical plans and specifications as well as perform mechanical and hydraulic engineering analysis, calculations, and design for assigned complex projects.
2. Organize, plan, and coordinate production of the mechanical design.
3. Become an integral part of the local and global workforce. Typical activities include work with more than 3 offices across MWH. The core design disciplines sit in the same office – structural, mechanical, civil, electrical and instrumentation and controls.
4. Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies. Qualifications • Bachelors degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience.
- 10 + years of water wastewater or water treatment design and project management experience.
- Pipeline Conveyance design experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a proven talent at business development.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point, CAD, Microstation and other engineering modeling software
- Working knowledge of project management concepts, project scheduling, scoping, budgeting, cost analyses, resource analyses, and reporting.
- Client service management skills and proposal preparation experience.
- Excellent team building and communications skills required
- International and domestic travel may be required.
- Must demonstrate written and verbal fluency in English. Preferred Specifications • P.E. In Washington State Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 10106BR City Bellevue State/Province Washington Country United States Operations G&I Great Plains/Pacific Northwest
Back to top