MWH Constructors is recruiting for an experienced Construction Cost Estimator for our Broomfield, Colorado headquarters. The position will have responsibility to support water & wastewater treatment, storage, and distribution projects throughout the U.S. ranging from approximately $20-300 million dollars.
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the development of cost estimates to support design teams at traditional project development milestones. In addition to coordinating teams of discipline estimators, the position will frequently require the direct estimating of at least one project discipline.
The position will require strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with designers and other estimators to deliver high-quality cost estimates within the prescribed budget and schedule.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Serve as the point of contact for internal clients and coordinate the parameters of the estimating assignment.
- Review design documents such as specifications and drawings to identify risks and opportunities related to competitive pricing for key project elements.
- Develop costs estimates in a manner and level of detail consistent with the project goals.
- Review then final multi-discipline estimate and prepare report deliverables for the end user.
The candidate should be comfortable working with both designers and project managers through all levels of design from conceptual to 100% complete. Strong computer skills are essential.
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management, other technical degree, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of estimating/project management experience, preferably at multiple levels of design completion.
- Understanding of water treatment plant processes and construction standards.
- Experience working with other discipline estimators to develop a comprehensive project estimate.
- Experience with Sage Timberline Estimating, On-Screen Take-Off, and Microsoft Office.
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
Meet Some of MWH's Employees
Tim provides his technical expertise regarding all the mechanical systems in the turbine portion of hydropower generators, and he works with his team to prioritize projects and solve problems.
Back to top