Lead Civil Engineer
MWH is actively seeking qualified candidates for a Lead/Supervising Civil Engineer to join our growing practice in the North Texas Region. This consulting engineering role will require application of technical skills, project delivery, and leadership to a complex array of multi-disciplinary planning, design and construction projects for municipal systems including treatment facilities, pipelines, pump stations, and related infrastructure. The selected candidate will need to be affable, self-directed, capable of leading and supervising complex teams, eager to mentor staff, and should demonstrate a passion for involvement in the water/wastewater industry and an enthusiasm to help develop the practice locally, while collaborating with national practice groups.
- Leads and manages all sizes of wet infrastructure projects and lead multi-disciplinary teams through planning, design and construction for municipal clients.
- Provide technical leadership on projects including treatment process/mechanical design, pipeline and pump station design, and overall design management.
- Accountable for assuring that projects are staffed with the appropriate resources and skills sets to achieve project objectives.
- Support local efforts and teams identifying, pursuing and winning new projects with existing clients and developing opportunities with new clients. Participate in the development of proposals and contracts by working directly with clients, business developers and delivery teams.
- Interact with clients, local and remote MWH staff, permitting agencies and other consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects.
- Desire to contribute quickly to the development of new business and the delivery of high quality work products.
- Gather information, develop and evaluate alternatives, and prepare engineering reports.
- Perform engineering calculations and prepare detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Engagement in local and national technical societies is preferred. Qualifications •BS/MS degree in civil/environmental/mechanical engineering.
- Valid Professional Engineering License in Texas, or ability to obtain within 1 year of employment, is required.
- Proven specialist expertise; with minimum of 7 years of experience, including client engagement, technical expertise, and mentoring responsibilities. Technical experience to include one or more of the following:
oProject Management of Water/Wastewater/Pump Station Projects
oWater or Wastewater Treatment Plant Planning and Design
oPump Station Planning and Design
oPipeline Conveyance Planning and Design
oWastewater Process Modeling using BioWin™ or other modeling platform
oEngineering feasibility analyses and design
oPreparation of construction documents for municipal water/wastewater infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of common software used for water and wastewater infrastructure projects (such as AutoCAD, Civil3D, GIS and industry standard hydraulic modeling software) is desired, but not required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking experience.
- Demonstrated expertise and industry/client recognition for municipal water/wastewater projects.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction.
- A thorough understanding of the fundamental concepts of civil and / or environmental engineering.
- An appreciation of the importance of water and wastewater infrastructure and a desire to contribute to this industry and the world. Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 11150BR City Dallas State/Province Texas Country United States Operations G&I Texas/Central
Back to top