Intern - Environmental Engineer
MWH, now part of Stantec, a global leader in engineering, environmental, construction, and technology, is currently seeking applicants for a part-time Civil Engineering Intern position in our Portland, OR office.
The successful candidate will work on tasks associated with the water and wastewater infrastructure sectors.
MWH Global employs approximately 7,000 experts including engineers, consultants and construction professionals globally. As specialists in water and natural resources, MWH employees use innovative ideas and technology to solve complex infrastructure and environmental challenges. MWH is seeking qualified candidates for an Engineering Intern position supporting our water and wastewater practice.
The MWH internship program is a great opportunity for students to prep for a career in civil engineering while getting paid. It’s an opportunity to build relationships with experts by learning from respected figures in the industry, and be placed in a program that can help students connect their studies into a new context, the business environment.
This is an excellent role for someone who wants to understand civil engineering and the big picture of things. We truly give hands-on experience to understand more about the industry. They will be expected to help drive the efforts and be involved with all aspects of the company.
Responsibilities will vary with project assignment and may include the following:
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams on projects
- Conduct technical evaluations supporting water supply, water and wastewater treatment, modeling, planning and design
- Conduct field inspections, as necessary, (e.g. collection systems, facilities, and water quality sampling) under the supervision of a resident engineer or project manager
- Perform project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs, and completing progress reports
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Ability to work approximately 20 hours per week during the 2016/2017 Winter semester
ONLY CONSIDERING LOCAL CANDIDATES AT THIS TIME Qualifications • In progress toward earning a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering or related engineering field
- Related coursework or previous Internship in water treatment, wastewater treatment, hydraulics, hydrology, and water resources analysis a plus
- Intern candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited degree program and in Junior or Senior status
- Proficient with basic computer software, such as Microsoft Office. Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D a plus
- Must maintain minimum 3.0 GPA each semester.
TO BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE INCLUDE ALL PERTINENT CLASSES ON RESUME Intern candidates eligible to apply must be currently enrolled in an accredited degree program and in Junior or Senior status. New college graduates are not eligible for internships at MWH, however, MWH hires recent graduates in an associate capacity. New graduates are encouraged to review and apply for associate roles of interest at www.mwhglobal.com.
ONLY CONSIDERING LOCAL CANDIDATES AT THIS TIME Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 11559BR City Las Vegas State/Province Nevada
Country United States Operations G&I Southwest
Back to top