Intern - Civil/Geological Engineer (Summer 2017)
MWH, now part of Stantec, employs approximately 22,000 experts including engineers, consultants and construction professionals globally. As specialists in water and natural resources, MWH employees use innovative ideas and technology to solve complex infrastructure and environmental challenges. MWH is seeking qualified candidates for a Geotechnical Engineering Intern position supporting our water and wastewater practice.
We are looking for an undergraduate or master’s student in civil or geological engineering for a summer internship position. The intern will work with our staff on a variety of domestic and international projects. The internship program is a great opportunity for students to prep for a career in civil/geological engineering. It’s an opportunity to build relationships with experts by learning from respected individuals in the industry, and be placed in a program that can provide new context in a business environment to an intern’s studies.
The primary responsibilities for this role include the following:
- Assist staff in their day-to-day work including administrative tasks, helping with scheduling, budgeting and execution of current projects, modeling and reviewing data using computer applications, reviewing historical documents, and other project related tasks.
- Working on a team to conduct investigations for reclamation design and construction projects.
- Interpretation of field data for incorporation into project designs and recommendations.
- Perform calculations, assist in report preparation, and other related activities.
- Work alongside professional engineers who have a wealth of knowledge and experience in the industry.
- Other responsibilities and goals as defined by the position supervisor.
- Current student in progress toward earning a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil/Geotechnical/Geological engineering, Water Resources engineering, or other related field, with a minimum of 2 years of undergraduate course work in college.
- Intern candidates eligible to apply must be currently enrolled in an accredited degree program for spring 2017.
- Bright, easy to work with, excellent written and oral communication skills, time management skills, and patience necessary.
- Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with AutoCAD software is preferred but not required.
- Anticipated work hours 40 through the summer.
New college graduates are not eligible for internships at MWH, however, MWH hires recent graduates in an associate capacity. New graduates are encouraged to review and apply for associate roles of interest at www.mwhglobal.com.
- Some related coursework experience is preferred but not required.
- Previous co-op or internship experience preferred but not necessary.
- GPA of 3.0 preferred.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Meet Some of MWH's Employees
Tim provides his technical expertise regarding all the mechanical systems in the turbine portion of hydropower generators, and he works with his team to prioritize projects and solve problems.
Back to top