Intern - Civil/Environmental Engineer
MWH, now part of Stantec, is a global engineering consulting company providing engineering services for water infrastructure. We are seeking qualified candidates for a Civil/Environmental Engineering Internship to support our Dallas office. Candidates should be highly motivated and dependable students who are taking or have taken water resources or water treatment-type courses. This is a terrific opportunity for a college junior/senior/graduate student to support a number of exciting local and national projects.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Assisting in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs, and completing progress reports.
- Assisting technical staff with various project tasks, including researching, compiling and evaluating project data, preparing reports and performing calculations for water and wastewater treatment projects and/or sewer or tunnel design projects.
- Performing simple calculations, computer data entry, along with some exposure to CAD, GIS, design and cross-training.
- Performing research and contacting vendors for information
- Must have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate coursework towards pursuing a degree in civil, water resources, or environmental engineering. Junior or Senior status for fall of 2016 preferred.
- Specific coursework or exposure to one or more of the following: – Planning, design, construction of water/wastewater infrastructure, and construction management – Environmental Water/wastewater treatment processes – Advanced and emerging technologies
- EIT strongly preferred
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations, policies, and programs, are a plus.
- Experienced with complete Microsoft Office Suite, excellent writing and communications skills, familiarity with CAD software
- Good interpersonal abilities for working in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction
- Anticipated work hours 16 – 30 through the spring semester.
- New college graduates are NOT eligible for internships at MWH, however, MWH hires recent graduates in an associate capacity. New graduates are encouraged to review and apply for associate roles of interest at www.mwhglobal.com
- ONLY CONSIDERING LOCAL CANDIDATES AT THIS TIME.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Meet Some of MWH's Employees
Tim provides his technical expertise regarding all the mechanical systems in the turbine portion of hydropower generators, and he works with his team to prioritize projects and solve problems.
Back to top