Interior Design Specialist - Commercial Tenant Improvement
MWH Constructors is currently seeking a creative Interior Design professional to support commercial tenant improvement construction projects for a high profile client. This position can be located in our project office in Hillsboro, OR or in the Northern VA / Washington DC area.
MWH provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government building, industrial facilities, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services we provide individually tailored “start to finish” construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
MWH Constructors is growing its business in the industrial and vertical construction sectors in North America. Its strategy for this growth will see an increase in resources and capabilities across the US.
Business and contract activity associated with this initiative will include:
- Commercial and industrial building design, construction, and maintenance.
- Manufacturing facility design, construction, and management.
- General maintenance for manufacturing facilities and office campuses.
- Participate in meetings with client/vendors during programming, space planning, interior design, and construction.
- Support multiple projects and project timelines concurrently.
- Communicate with clients, vendors, contractors and business associates.
- Work in partnership with the project team to provide continuity and consistent support through each phase to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Perform take-offs of construction materials.
- Create and send quote requests to vendors for all open projects.
- Provide procurement tracking and prepare weekly procurement summary report.
- Prepare proposals for submittal to client.
- Read and review shop drawings and field verification documents.
- Manage existing vendor relationships.
- Maintain and stay current on client design standards. Be the “go to” resource to business associates regarding standards compliance.
- Responsible for the sourcing of FF&E and materials and the ongoing management of supplier performance and quality.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to lower the total cost and lead-time of purchased goods.
- Manage supply within certain material categories. Qualifications • Associate or Bachelor Degree of Interior Design or related field. An equivalent combination of experience, skills and training may be substituted.
- 3-5 years of experience in the design industry at a design firm, furniture dealership, or interior product manufacturer.
- Able to oversee design and associated construction.
- Able to read and interpret construction/shop drawings and specifications.
- Able to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Strong organization, excellent problem solving and people skills are also required.
- Proficiency in AutoCad and Microsoft Office.
- Attention to accuracy and drawing standards are fundamental.
- Able to develop and communicate design concepts. Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 11339BR City Flexible State/Province Flexible Country United States Operations Constructors District 4
Back to top