Instrumentation and Controls Engineer
MWH Americas, Inc. seeks a Instrumentation and Controls Engineer in Denver, CO to perform the following duties:
- Perform control systems engineering, control strategy planning, detailed analyses of automation designs, and construction services related to water and wastewater treatment plants as well as making equipment selection, cost estimating, equipment layout and coordination with other engineering disciplines and PLC, HMI and SCADA system planning, design, programming and upgrade as necessary.
- Assisting in control systems testing, field testing and system acceptance including operational readiness testing (ORT) and combined operational readiness testing (CORT).
- Assisting with review of contractor and equipment supplier submittals.
- Assisting technical staff with equipment supplier shop; Inspections and tests.
- Preparing conceptual design reports and construction documents (plans and specifications).
- Assisting technical staff with field activities, including site inspections, equipment commissioning and start-up, equipment performance testing, monitoring and other fieldwork.
- Instrumentation and controls engineering and analyses related to various water, wastewater, and industrial waste treatment facilities.
- Supporting multi-disciplinary teams on engineering projects, with commitment to successful project delivery.
- Performing calculations and developing drawings and specifications for construction.
- Reviewing electrical schematic diagrams and coordinate I&C requirements with the electrical discipline.
Qualifications Education Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related Engineering field.
Must have two years of experience in job offered or related occupation.
Work experience must include:
- Utilizing, developing and managing I&C engineering support;
- Production of Smart P&IDs using industry standard software;
- Large Scale DCS Factory Testing experience; and
- Field commissioning. Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 11368BR City Denver State/Province Colorado Country United States Operations G&I Great Plains/Pacific Northwest
Back to top