MWH Constructors CMS is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Inspector to support our project work in Southern California, specifically Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, and/or Orange Counties.
MWH provides construction management services (CMS) for water and wastewater facilities, environmental remediation and other projects that fall within our core competency of wet infrastructure. Beginning with pre-construction services, we provide individually tailored “start-to-finish” construction management capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and startup services with licensed operators.
The Inspector will be primarily responsible for implementing and maintaining the Quality Assurance Program, with guidance from the Quality Assurance Manager, Resident Engineer and ultimately the Construction Manager. It is the goal of the Quality Assurance program to construct all work in accordance with the project plans and specifications, as well as requirements of the contract and the expectations of the client. Benefits of the program include minimizing the cost of work by reducing the need for remedial work and expediting client acceptance of completed work.
- Provide single-point field inspection of contractor’s work, representing the Construction Manager in the field.
- Prepare for and plan and coordinate all field testing and inspections in accordance with the contract documents
- On a daily basis, monitor and record all work scope being executed and prepare a comprehensive daily report with measurement of daily quantities completed and resources utilized
- Review, analyze, and record any construction issues potentially resulting in a scope, time, or cost impact to the work of the contractor, which may result in a change to the contract
- Attend, as necessary, weekly progress meetings with contractor, including review of progress to planned schedule
- Ensure contractor prepares prompt requests for information (RFIs) for questions that may affect the construction schedule
- Work with Construction Manager to implement methodology and criteria to resolve any non-compliance notices previously issued
- Document compliance and non-compliance with established quality control and quality assurance procedures
- Prepare written reports documenting QA/QC inspections, non-compliance notices, and corrective actions
- Review and submit all test reports for inclusion in turnover documentation to client
- Ensure master as-built drawing information is being maintained by contractor / Maintain project as-built drawing file
- Develop project specific quality control and assurance documents and standards Qualifications • Minimum of 8 years of experience on municipal water and/or wastewater infrastructure and public works projects, such as treatment plants, pump stations, pipelines, tunnels, etc.
- Thorough understanding of construction safety, quality control, and general contract management requirements
- ICC certification in Reinforced Concrete, Structural Masonry, Structural Steel and Bolting, Prestressed Concrete, Structural Welding
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Preferred Specifications • APWA certification in Public Infrastructure
- ACIA registered Construction Inspector
- California Department of Public Heath certification, Grade I Water Distribution Operator and Grade I Water Treatment Operator
- NICET certification in Water/Wastewater Plants
- AWS Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
- AWWA certification, Cross-Connection Specialist
- ACI certifications
- CISEC/QSP certification Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 11670BR City Los Angeles State/Province California Country United States Operations Constructors District 3
Back to top