MWH, now part of Stantec, is seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Level Hydrogeologist for our Salt Lake City, Utah office. The primary focus of this position is to serve regional natural resources and industrial clients. Under the direction of a Principal Hydrogeologist, this position will include performing field investigations (well installations, aquifer testing, geologic interpretation, etc.), groundwater and vadose zone modeling, GIS and strong technical report writing skills. This position interacts throughout the organization internally and externally with client and members of business and professional organizations. Travel may be required and some projects require working at remote sites. Experience with CERCLA/RCRA projects is strongly desired. Experience with groundwater discharge permits is also a plus.
Primary responsibilities under the direction of the Principal Hydrogeologist or Project Manager for the Senior Level Hydrogeologist include:
1. Follow safe work practices and adhere to company and client guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
2. Familiarity with well design and siting, hydrogeologic investigations, groundwater aquifer characterization, and groundwater sampling and monitoring; well logging; piezometer design and installation, aquifer test analyses, data analyses and documentation.
3. Perform field investigations for hydrogeology studies at sites throughout the western US.
4. Prepare technical memoranda and reports pertaining to field investigations and studies.
5. Prepare maps and evaluate data using GIS.
6. Capabilities with vadose zone model and groundwater model codes.
7. Assist project managers with developing preliminary budgets, determining project scope, establishing schedules, processing appropriate paperwork, and interacting with clients. Prepare proposals and assist in preparing and providing presentations.
8. Understand the CERCLA and RCRA process and for environmental related projects.
- Minimum of a B.S. in Hydrogeology is required
- Minimum of 4 years of experience
- Experience or course work completed in groundwater and vadose zone modeling is desired.
- Ability to work independently in the field at remote sites.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Professional registration (PG or PE) or the ability to obtain a registration.
- Ability to develop a strong network in the local marketplace.
- Exceptional organizational, technical, leadership, written and oral communication and attention to detail skills.
- MS preferred in Hydrogeology
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Meet Some of MWH's Employees
Tim provides his technical expertise regarding all the mechanical systems in the turbine portion of hydropower generators, and he works with his team to prioritize projects and solve problems.
Back to top