Health & Safety Representative
MWH Constructors is currently looking to add a Health and Safety Representative to support the Capital Improvement Program for the Regional Wastewater Facility in San Jose, CA.
This program is comprised of over 30 separate projects with a total estimated construction cost in excess of $1B. The Health and Safety Representative will be a member of MWH’s Program Management Team and will plan, implement and supervise project safety, accident and fire protection programs in compliance with corporate and client safety program standards. This role will typically be the primary safety position on a project and may supervise other safety personnel based on size and scope of the project.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Control hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities through safety management and contacting supervisory personnel.
- Supervise and administer safety/first aid and rescue squad activities including work assignments, personnel administration, staffing, training, etc.
- Assist corporate program by developing employee/craft safety-orientation training program and implementing the program upon completion.
- Oversee the conduct of work area surveillance inspections, air-sampling tests for confined space entry, property damage and personal injury investigations.
- Oversee the documentation of all accidents, safety violations, and unsafe conditions/activities.
- Oversee the issuance of confined area entry and “hot work” permits as required.
- Monitor and provide technical support for construction sites and complex projects.
- Provide oversight and enforcement of project safety requirements in accordance with all regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Coordinate, administer, and maintain program documentation in accordance with the San Jose Health and Safety Plan.
- Provide guidance and awareness training related to construction safety and facilitate safety meetings.
- Work with San Jose Utilities Safety and Health staff to coordinate all safety activities and requirements.
- Coordinate site access and security badging requirements.
MWH Constructors is the construction arm of MWH and is a licensed, bonded general contractor, performing all of the Company’s hard-bid, construction manager at-risk and design-build projects, with a strong focus on wet infrastructure projects. MWH Constructors provides construction services for water and wastewater facilities.
- Minimum of 8 years of construction and general safety experience including progressive assignments leading to safety program management.
- Familiarity with heavy construction operations and projects.
- Technical working knowledge of OSHA standards and knowledge of contractor site-specific plan requirements. OSHA 500 authorized trainer or ability to obtain authorization.
- General proficiency with computer office applications and other construction related software programs.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have proactive safety awareness and strong skills in developing and sustaining good customer relationships.
- Must be experienced at working with contractors and trades with an “in the field” focus.
- BS in Safety Science or related area
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and/or Construction Health & Safety Technician (CHST) a plus.
- Bilingual (Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with Owner Controlled Insurance Program (OCIP).
- Current certification as a first aid/CPR trainer preferred.
- Current OSHA 500 Trainer preferred.
- Pipeline and treatment plant experience preferred.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Meet Some of MWH's Employees
Tim provides his technical expertise regarding all the mechanical systems in the turbine portion of hydropower generators, and he works with his team to prioritize projects and solve problems.
Back to top