Health & Safety Coordinator/Administrative Assistant
MWH Constructors is currently looking to add a Health and Safety Coordinator/Administrative Assistant to support our Health and Safety office in Broomfield, Colorado.
The MWH organization is driving the wet infrastructure sector globally, and we are leading the world in results-oriented management, technical engineering, and construction services to create a better world. The wet infrastructure sector we serve encompasses a variety of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage to water resources management and coastal restoration, and from design and construction of hydropower and renewable energy facilities to full environmental services.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
Health and Safety Coordinator duties:
- Maintain the Safety Alert log; assign numbers to all incidents on all projects. Receive monthly incident reports from each project; review for correctness and then transfer to master report, which is used to complete OSHA 300 reports and other required external and internal reports.
- Update the OSHA 300, OSHA 301, and OHSA 300A reports if there is an OSHA Recordable incident. Complete, send, and ensure reports are posted in all offices as required by OSHA regulations. Partner with the particular projects or offices to complete any reports which may be specifically requested by OSHA.
- Provide safety data for the Quarterly Safety Executive Management report and the Board reports. Support marketing for proposals and safety award applications by providing various safety data. Request safety updates from projects and offices, review for correctness, and then submit them to the Global Communications team to be used to update the MWH Crisis Management Plan.
- Maintain the Health and Safety web page for Constructors. This includes, but is not limited to, updating and posting the dashboard charts for MWHC and selected projects.
- Schedule and attend monthly EH&S Team conference calls.
- Receive all training records and certificates received from MWHC employees. Maintain both paper and electronic files.
- Serve as the Point of Contact (POC) with WorkCare for all medical testing and injury cases.
- Interface with Travelers insurance for workman comp and property damage cases. Run reports from the Travelers’ systems as needed by management.
- Check the monthly status of the Automated External Defibrillator (AED) in the Constructors main office space. Serve as the point of contact with HeartStart for the AED device.
- Answer any questions and support the project safety personnel. This includes, but is not limited to, training issues, PPE, contacts, etc.
Administrative Assistant duties:
- Draft correspondence; proofread documents; assist with preparation of presentations; may independently prepare simple written correspondence within established guidelines. Provide assistance to research, compile, proofread and edit text and graphics for reports, specifications and proposals.
- Monitor and process routine administrative items such as accounts payable, expense reports, supply requisitions, personnel transaction forms, including change of status, prospective employee interview scheduling, and new hire orientation.
- Schedule and coordinate appointments/meetings; prepare draft-meeting minutes. Update calendars; assist with travel arrangements.
- Set up and maintain records, timeliness of reporting, create and maintain charts, graphs, spreadsheets and databases.
- File claims, fax, copy, distribute mail, and order safety supplies. Qualifications • Minimum of 5 years of experience providing administrative support, preferably with a professional services firm.
- Knowledge of OSHA reporting and documentation requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Outlook (Calendar and Address functions).
- Able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines; establish high standards and measures; reinforce excellence as a fundamental priority.
- Able to handle confidential and time-sensitive information with discretion and independent judgment.
- Self-motivated and proactive; demonstrated interest in taking initiative, anticipating needs, carrying projects through to completion with minimal direction, and working with a high degree of urgency.
- Able to produce high quality work consistently on multiple assignments, in a deadline-driven environment; superior organization and project management skills. Ability to anticipate and seek out needs, and ask for further clarification when necessary.
- Positive attitude and flexibility in environment of tight deadlines, frequent interruptions, unresolved problems, changes, and unexpected events.
- Superior interpersonal skills, telephone manner, and knowledge of business protocol; strong belief in customer service.
- Able to develop and maintain cooperative, enthusiastic, flexible, and effective working relationships with clients and team members. Preferred Specifications • 5+ years of experience with Health and Safety coordination/admin, preferably with a Construction or Engineering firm. Additional Information MWH is an EEO/AA/M/F/V/D – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 11579BR City Broomfield State/Province Colorado Country United States Operations Constructors US Operations
Back to top