MWH, now part of Stantec, is seeking qualified candidates for a Principal Level Geotechnical Engineer for our Denver, Colorado office. The primary focus of this position will be to serve as a group leader for regional and international natural resources projects with a focus on tailings facilities. This position will require an individual with extensive experience in tailing storage facility design, dry stacking technology, geotechnical investigation experience and demonstrated senior technical review capabilities. The individual must be able to demonstrate extensive experience within the natural resource sector and have a developed professional network for business development and also have the capability to grow and manage a regional/ team to support project work. This position interacts throughout the organization internally and externally with client and members of business and professional organizations. Travel will be required and some projects require working at remote sites.
Specific activities to be performed by the applicant include:
Follow safe work practices and adhere to company and client guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner. MSHA and OSHA training will be required.
Extensive experience with dam and impoundment design is a must. Understanding of international dam regulations and the mining sector is a plus.
Develop, oversee, and interpret geotechnical investigations; primarily focused on mining projects and industrial sites.
Ability to prepare or review technical reports.
Develop design drawings and construction specifications related to civil and geotechnical disciplines.
Develop budgets, determine project scope, establish schedules, process appropriate paperwork, and interact with clients in business development activities.
Provide technical presentations and serve on technical review boards in project reviews.
Be externally focused with established clients and be capable of developing business.
- Manage local and regional geotechnical resources to support project work.
Want to know what it's like to be a Geotechnical Engineer at MWH? Hear from Rachael Bisnett - here
- Minimum of a M.S. in Geotechnical/Geological Engineering with preference given to advanced degrees.
- Minimum of 20 years of experience working on engineering projects with 12 of those years having experience in civil/geological engineering.
- Direct experience on mining projects.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally and work independently at remote sites.
- Ability to lead and mentor younger professionals.
- Ability to perform business development with established client relationships.
- Exceptional organizational, technical, leadership, written and oral communication and attention to detail skills.
- Registered Professional Engineer with ability to obtain reciprocity in AZ, CO, NV, UT
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
Meet Some of MWH's Employees
Tim provides his technical expertise regarding all the mechanical systems in the turbine portion of hydropower generators, and he works with his team to prioritize projects and solve problems.
Back to top